Honeywell Thermostats are the most frequently used item at your house. The kids crank the air conditioner up whenever they get back from school on a hot day. Whenever you have guests over, it runs continuously in the background so your friends can enjoy the cool breeze.
Because of this constant manhandling, your thermostat has crashed a couple of times. The only upside is that it taught you how to take care of it when it hit. There were instances when the thermostat screen was blank, and it wouldn’t work. You will find in this post how to reset Honeywell Thermostat series models that you may have.
Reset your Honeywell Thermostat by switching it off, removing the batteries, and replugging them in reverse polarity: negative terminals facing positive. Plug them back in the right way after about five seconds.
Identify your Honeywell thermostat’s model number.
To reset your Honeywell Thermostat, you must first know its model. In most cases, the thermostat model number can be found on a label on the front, displayed at the back, or found on the digital display.
Readjusting the settings according to the model number of the thermostat is necessary before resetting. You’ll have to remove the thermostat from the base plate to access its model number if it is at the back. This is a more straightforward process because I did not have a C-wire to connect to your Honeywell Thermostat.
Here’s how you can access the model number on the back of the thermostat:
- If your thermostat is powered, switch off the circuit using the circuit breaker. Take out the batteries if you think the thermostat is still on (due to battery backup).
- Pull the thermostat carefully from the base plate, making sure not to damage the clips and pins. You may have to pull from the bottom of the thermostat.
- Write down the model number on the back of the thermostat.
- Reattach the thermostat to its base plate.
What are the steps to Reset Honeywell Thermostat T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro series Thermostats without Batteries?
It’s a little harder to reset these thermostats. Because they don’t have batteries, they can’t just be removed and replaced. The thermostat automatically adjusts to the temperature in the room. The settings can be customized using Apple Home-Kit, Voice Commands, or by connecting it through Wi-Fi.
There is a cover plate on the T6 Pro Series model, and the screen lights up when you touch it. There’s not much difference between this and the T5. The Honeywell thermostat must first be unlocked before it can be reset.
Reset the factory default settings.
To reset the Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro Series Thermostats to factory default settings, you should follow these steps:
- Please make sure the device is powered on (it should be).
- Press and hold the menu button for five seconds.
- Scroll to the left and stop when you see ‘Reset.’
- On the Factory tab, select ‘Select.’
- It will ask, ‘Are you sure?’
- Click yes when prompted.
- This will successfully reset your device.
Reset the wireless settings.
To reset the Wi-Fi settings on your Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro Series thermostat, follow these steps:
- Grab your smartphone or tablet.
- You can close all Wi-Fi connections and mobile data on your device by settings. Select Airplane mode.
- Open the Honeywell Home App and choose the device you want to use.
- Select the COG wheel to access your thermostat’s settings.
- You will now be guided through the process of resetting your Wi-Fi by the app.
- Hold down the temperature display on the thermostat.
- A wireless signal will be broadcast from the thermostat.
- Next will appear on the app.
- Select the Lyric Network name; the app will inform you about the thermostat configuration.
- Click next to continue.
- By entering the 4-digit display and selecting ‘done,’ you can connect your device to the thermostat.
Reset the thermostat schedule.
Using this method, you will be able to restore the factory default schedules for your Pro Series T5+, T5, and T6 models. Here are the steps:
Read more:How Long Does A Car Inspection Take? All You Need To know
- Press the menu icon and hold it down.
- You will see the reset option; select it.
- Click schedule.
- Your thermostat’s program has been reset.
Reset the HomeKit settings.
If you want to perform a HomeKit reset on a Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 thermostat, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the menu icon button.
- A reset symbol will appear; press it.
- You can then select HomeKit reset from the menu.
- The device has now been reset.
What are the steps to reset a Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round Thermostat?
Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round Thermostats are easy to use, featuring an intuitive control system with several buttons and control wheels; Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round Thermostats are easy to use.
With these thermostats, you can control your central air conditioner and heater, measure humidity, and program the device anywhere. Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round Thermostats can be reset using the following methods:
Reset the factory default settings.
Here are the steps to reset the Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round models:
- For 5-10 seconds, press and hold the ‘Weather button.’
- Click the menu button.
- Scroll down to ‘Factory reset.’
- Click ‘OK’ and then ‘YES.’
- The device has been reset to factory defaults.
Reset your Wi-Fi settings.
In this section, learn how to reset the Wi-Fi settings on your Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round Thermostats. Follow these steps:
- A scrolling option will appear by holding down the ‘Cloud’ icon.
- Go to the Wi-Fi option and select it.
- Again, scroll down to the ‘Setup’ option and select it.
- The device has been reset via Wi-Fi.
Reset the HomeKit settings.
If you want to do a HomeKit reset on your Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round thermostat, follow these steps:
- Hold down the ‘Cloud’ icon.
- Scroll down until you see the HomeKit reset option.
- Click it.
- Your HomeKit has been reset.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Is there a reset button on Honeywell thermostats?
The reset buttons on Honeywell digital thermostats are absent. Most Honeywell thermostats require some maneuvering to revert to their original settings. Each model has its instructions, regardless of whether it is programmable or not.
- Does the thermostat need to be reset?
The method for resetting your thermostat will vary from model to model. The most common methods for resetting a thermostat are to install the battery backward for five seconds, push a recessed reset button with a pen or paper clip, or turn off the breaker for thirty seconds.