Physical health is what for people ask help and reach up to a hospital to seek guidance and suitable treatment as soon as they experience any kind of pain or discomfort. However, when such a health emergency comes in terms of mental health people, are afraid to even admit forget about reaching. This should be the concern of every individual, their family embers, and mental health advocates. Primary reasons for people taking a step when it comes to mental health treatment is-
- With the social stigma attached to it, people make fun of and call out the names of those individuals suffering from illness.
- Lack of awareness among the school authorities for the teens regarding the mental
Illness and the suitable approach and preferable treatment
- Social awareness through marches, awareness programs, establishing NGOs, creating awareness programs, putting up banners, and pamphlets, and creating awareness through word of mouth in concerts, podcasts, interviews, movies, songs, and various other ways.
- Creating good, neat, clean, and hygienic mental health facilities like mental health hospitals, therapy sessions rooms, and many others so that people can look up to reach for help.
- Ensuring mental health is prioritized in schools and other educational institutions.
Prevalent mental health illnesses around us
Mental health is no matter of shame but a health disorder that needs to be taken to the doctor and get oneself treated by the right professionals and methods.
Let us shed some light on the most common mental illness that exists today-
- Chronic illness
- anxiety attacks
- Mood disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating and sleeping disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Types of Treatment
These illnesses are major however very common, especially among teens, the major reasons for the illnesses being prevalent in teenagers are lack of communication with the parents and peer pressure, the pressure of being cool and modern at the same time.
- Inpatient mental health facilities
- Outpatient mental health facilities
Role of families in inpatient mental health facilities
Inpatient mental facilities require the patient to get himself admitted and acquire treatment essential for a healthy life in the future. However when it comes to the case of teens, inpatient facilities can be hard to approach, usually, teenagers feel a sense of shame in getting themselves treated away from home and this can be a tedious yet challenging for a family to get them into inpatient mental health facilities near them.
- Getting the child comfortable with their illness and making them understand the need for the treatment.
- Ensuring that you as a parent provide support rather than being ashamed or judgemental.
- Ensuring that they are mentally prepared in reaching an inpatient mental health facility.
- Guiding them with the right kind of treatment process and how to ensure one’s own sanity.
As a family and close ones maintaining one’s own sanity, patience and belief are really important, it needs a lot as a parent or a close one to see your loved one suffering from an illness and not able to provide essential help. But the least we can do as parents is a support system no matter what.
Inpatient mental health facilities are challenging but being in regular touch with the loved one, ensuring family therapy to tackle the youngest res, and being an active participant in support groups is the need of an hour for the parent
Being proud at every step
A patient, always look up to their families standing and fighting against the whole world rather than being ashamed or embarrassed by them.
Mental illness sadly in our society is not easy to thing to get admission for and nor person living with it is accepted by society. It is the duty not just as a family member but also as a citizen to create awareness regarding-
- mental health facilities benefits
- Mental health facilities near me
- Mental health facilities’ treatments
Being selfish is easy but being a survival guide in the form of inspiration is difficult. This journey is not of one person but several others to raise their voice and seek help.