If you’re visiting India and planning a one day tour package of Delhi, there are some tips you should definitely keep in mind. Delhi, the capital of India, is home to ancient monuments and bustling markets, as well as many delicious culinary delights. So if you’re pressed for time but still want to see all that Delhi has to offer, our guide will help you make the most out of your trip. From picking attractions based on your budget to making sure you stay safe while travelling in India, read on for some essential tips on how to plan an unforgettable one-day Delhi tour package.
If you’re looking for a more personalized travel experience, consider booking a custom tours. With a custom tour, you can tailor your itinerary to your specific interests and needs. You’ll work with a professional tour guide to create an unforgettable trip that’s just right for you.
Whether you’re interested in history, culture, nature, or anything else, there’s a custom tour out there for you. So start planning your dream vacation today!
What to see in Delhi?
Delhi is a city full of history and culture, and there are plenty of sights to see in this bustling metropolis. A Delhi one day tour package should include a visit to the Red Fort, a symbol of the city’s Mughal past. The Qutub Minar, another iconic Delhi landmark, is also a must-see for history buffs. For a taste of contemporary Delhi, head to Connaught Place, a popular shopping and dining destination. And no trip to Delhi would be complete without paying homage at the Gandhi Memorial.
How to get around Delhi?
Assuming that you’re referring to getting around Delhi by public transport, here are a few tips:
First, purchase a city map from a local stand or your hotel lobby. This will help you get your bearings and plan out your route. Second, consider using the Delhi Metro system – it’s efficient and relatively cheap. Trains run frequently, and signs and announcements are made in both Hindi and English. Third, flag down an autorickshaw or call for a cab if you need to travel further distances; make sure to agree on a fare beforehand. And finally, remember to haggle at the markets – it’s all part of the fun!
Where to stay in Delhi?
Delhi is a large and vibrant city, and there are many different places to stay depending on your budget and preferences. If you’re looking for luxury accommodations, the Oberoi New Delhi and The Imperial New Delhi are both excellent choices. For more affordable options, try the YMCA International Guest House or the Hotel Sunstar Heritage. If you’re traveling with a group, there are also several apartments and vacation rentals available. Whichever type of accommodation you choose, be sure to book in advance as Delhi can be very busy during peak tourist season.
What to eat in Delhi?
When it comes to food in Delhi, there are endless options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for street food or fine dining, you’ll be able to find it all in Delhi. Here are some of the best places to eat in Delhi:
- Street food: For the best street food in Delhi, head to Chandni Chowk. This area is known for its delicious and inexpensive street food. There are endless stalls to choose from, so take your time and try a little bit of everything. Some must-try dishes include chaat (a type of savory snack), kulfi (Indian ice cream), and jalebi (a sweet fried pastry).
- Fine dining: If you’re looking for a more upscale dining experience, there are plenty of great restaurants in Delhi as well. For Indian cuisine, try Bukhara or India Jones. For something different, check out Morimoto or Wasabi by Morimoto for Japanese cuisine. And if you’re craving Italian food, head to Sardar Paisa for some delicious pizza and pasta.
Tips for touring Delhi in one day
Assuming you’re starting your Delhi one day tour package early in the morning, we’ll give you a few tips on how to make the most of your time in the city.
- Start off by visiting Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India. You can reach it via metro or by taking a rickshaw from Chandni Chowk. If you want to explore more of Old Delhi, take a stroll through the narrow alleyways and have some traditional street food for breakfast.
- From Old Delhi, head over to Rajghat – the memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi. You can walk here from Jama Masjid or take a cycle rickshaw. Spend some time learning about Gandhi’s life before moving on.
- Next up is Humayun’s Tomb, one of the most impressive Mughal-era monuments in Delhi. It’s just a short drive from Rajghat – again, you can also cycle or walk if you’re feeling energetic! Take some time to explore the tomb complex and learn about its history before moving on.
- Now it’s time for lunch, and there are plenty of great options depending on what you’re in the mood for. If you want something quick and easy, there are plenty of fast food options available. Or, if you’re looking for something more traditional, try one of the many amazing restaurants serving up North Indian cuisine.
We hope that this article has given you a better understanding of the best tips to consider when planning a Delhi one day tour package. With these helpful hints, you can make the most out of your visit in India’s capital and create an unforgettable experience for yourself and those with whom you are traveling. Whether it is sightseeing at historical monuments or trying mouthwatering delicacies from various street stalls, there is something for everyone in Delhi. We wish you a safe and enjoyable journey!
Also read: scriify.com