When it comes to makeup, there’s nothing quite as satisfying as applying your looks from the comfort of your own home. But with the number of products on the market today, that task can quickly turn into a daunting one. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to DIY makeup boxes. In it, you’ll learn how to make your own makeup storage box, ranging from basic to sophisticated. Plus, we’ll provide you with all the materials you need so that making your own makeup boxes is as easy as 1-2-3!
What are makeup boxes?
Makeup boxes can be a fun way to declutter your makeup collection or to organize your cosmetics by type. They’re also a great way to store and organize your cosmetics if you travel. Here are some tips for creating your own makeup box:
- Choose a sturdy box that will hold your makeup in place and protect it from damage.
- Measure the space inside the box, and then buy enough smaller boxes to fit inside the larger one. Label each of the smaller boxes with its corresponding ingredient (e.g., eyeshadow, blush, lipstick).
- Place all of your brushes in a brush holder or another container before putting them into the larger box. This will keep them organized and eliminate any frustration when trying to find a specific brush.
- Add jars or compartments of various sizes to the inside of the larger box, so that you can easily access everything you need without having to open every small container individually. This is also helpful if you have multiple types of concealers or foundation-inventory-wise becomes cumbersome quickly!
What are the different types of makeup boxes?
There are a few different types of makeup boxes that you can make yourself. The first is the classic makeup box. This is a rectangular, top-loading container with a mirror on one side and slots for your brushes on the other. You can find these boxes at most department stores.
Another type of makeup box is the fold-up box. These boxes are made from cardboard or wood and have two compartments – one for your face powder and one for your foundation. They’re great if you want to take your makeup with you on the go, because they collapse down to a small size.
If you’re looking for a more customized makeup box, you can try making a vanity box. This type of box is designed specifically for cosmetics and has drawers or compartments that hold specific products, such as bronzer, blush, and mascara. You can find plans for this type of box online or in design magazines like House Beautiful or Architectural Digest.
How to make your own makeup box
As a beauty lover, you know that having your own makeup box is key to keeping your collection organized and clean. But making your own makeup box can be a daunting task if you’re not familiar with the process. In this article, we’re going to show you how to make your very own customized makeup box using simple, affordable supplies.
First, gather materials: You will need an old cardboard box or other storage container; some packing tape; scissors; a ruler or measuring tape; and paint or decorating supplies of your choice.
Measure the width and height of the container you want to use and cut out two identical pieces of cardboard accordingly. Then place one piece of cardboard inside the other and align the edges so that they are flush. Use duct tape to secure the pieces together around all four sides.
Next, take the scissors and cut a hole in the top corner of the box big enough for your brush handle (or any other similar sized object). Be sure to leave enough room at the top so that you can fit your container back on once it’s finished.
Finally, paint or decorate the outside of your makeup box according to your taste! If you’d like, you can also add personalization details like patterns or text using painter’s tape. Once your box is finished, carefully remove all of the tape and put it back in its original storage space until next time!
How to choose the right makeup box for your needs
There are a lot of different makeup boxes on the market, and it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. Here are some tips on how to choose the right one:
- Decide what type of makeup you wear. There are three main types of makeup: foundation, powder, and eye shadow. If you wear mostly foundation, you’ll need a large box with a lot of space for your products. If most of your makeup is powder or eyeshadow, a smaller box will work just as well.
- Think about how often you’ll use your makeup box. If you only use your box once every few months, a small one will work just fine. If you use it more often, go for a bigger box that can hold more products.
- Consider how much storage space you have available in your bathroom drawer or closet. Most people don’t need a huge box full of products; they just need enough space to store their foundations and powders without them taking up too much room. A small, medium-sized or large box will all work fine for this purpose.
- Make sure the design of the box is appealing to you. Some people like boxes that are brightly colored and easy to see from far away in their bathroom cabinet; others prefer sleek black boxes that look professional and chic. It’s up to you what kind of design you want on your makeup box!
How to fill your makeup box
There’s no need to spend a fortune on makeup when you can make your own. And you don’t even need any special skills – just some basic ingredients and a little bit of time. Here are five tips for filling your own makeup box:
- Start with basics
Makeup is all about enhancing your features, so start with the basics first. Apply foundation, blush, eye shadow and mascara to your face in the usual order. You can also mix and match these shades to create different looks.
- Experiment with texture and color
Once you have the base look down, experiment with texture by adding rouge or bronzer to your cheeks or using shimmering eye shadows that highlight your eyes instead of conceal them. And don’t be afraid to switch up the colors of your shadows and liner – this will help you find the perfect shade for each day or occasion.
- Don’t be afraid of bold colours
Bold lipstick and nail polish are always a hit – use them to add oomph to more subtle looks or combine different shades together for an unexpected look. And if you want to go all out, try out bright eyeshadows or neon lips!
– For lipstick: choose a deep pink, fiery red or bright coral color – For nails: go for funky designs with glittery polishes or fun multicolored patterns – For eyeshadows:
How to use your makeup box
If you’re looking for a way to save money on your makeup shopping and have more control over what you put on your face, a DIY makeup box is the way to go. Here’s how to make one:
- Start by gathering all of the supplies you’ll need. You’ll need a large, open container or box, some foam padding or pillows, some fabric or paper baggies, and some small containers or jars for your makeup.
- Decide on the layout of your box. You can have sections for eyes, lips, cheeks, andfoundation. Make sure each section has its own section in the box so you know where everything is when you’re ready to use it.
- Pad out the bottom of your container with some foampadding or pillows so the container doesn’t move around when you fill it with cosmetics.
- Put all of your small containers and jars into the corresponding sections of your box. This will help keep everything organized and easy to find when you’re ready to use it.
- Load up your favorite makeup products into the foam padding or pillows at the bottom of your container and start packing it in! You can even add newspaper if you want extra cushioning-just be sure not to cram too much product in there or it will become difficult to get out later on!
These Are The Best Tips For Creating Your Own Makeup Boxes
- Choose a sturdy container. Makeup boxes can be used for storage or display, so choose something that will hold up over time. We recommend using a sturdy box like an old cereal box or shoe box.
- Decide on your layout. You’ll want to decide on a layout for your makeup boxes before you start assembling them. Some people like to have their make-up organized by type (powder, liquid, cream, etc.), others prefer to organize by color. It really depends on what you’re looking for in your make-up storage!
- Add dividers. If you want to create different sections within your make-up box, add dividers! This way, each lady can have her own section and never have to search through the entire box for her lipstick!
- Label everything! Not only will this make it easy to find what you’re looking for, but it also gives your boxes a nice finished look! Write down the name of the product, the manufacturer’s name if applicable, and anything else that might be helpful when trying to identify the product later on. This is especially important if you plan on using these boxes as part of your beauty studio set-up!
- Fill it up! Once you’ve decided on your layout and added dividers as necessary, it’s time to start filling up your new makeup
How To Make Custom Eyeliner Boxes That Are Genius
If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for new and innovative ways to personalize your makeup look. And what’s better than keeping everything in one place? Personalizing your own makeup boxes! In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to make custom eyeliner boxes that are genius.
First, start by cutting out a small rectangle from some stiff paper or cardstock. This will be your liner box lid.
Next, cut a slightly larger rectangle out of the same material, and fold it in half so that the long edge is now flush with one of the shorter edges of the lid.
Now use a pencil to draw a line down the center of the folded-over edge. This will become your folding line when we create our box’s pleats later on.
Finally, use a sharp knife or scissors to cut along the folded-over line, creating two identical pleats. Repeat this process until all of your liner boxes have been created. (Make sure not to cut too close to the folded-over edge; otherwise, your pleats may not hold up well.)
Now it’s time to add some personality to your boxes! To do this, the first sketch out a design on some cardstock or paper—you can use any pattern or image that you want. Once you’ve got your design ready, transfer it onto one of your liner box lids using a thin paintbrush or finger. Be sure to evenly
Are you tired of spending your hard-earned money on high-end makeup boxes that never seem to hold everything you need? If so, this article is for you! In it, we will be taking a look at the best ways to make your own makeup boxes, from finding the right supplies to figuring out the perfect layout.
Not only will making your own makeup box save you a lot of money in the long run, but it will also give you complete control over what goes into your beauty products. So read on and start DIYing today!